In 2003, it was a small, local competition in New York. Today, CSAW is preparing the brightest students in the USA to shape the future of the industry.
This year, IIT Kanpur is hosting CSAW for India in partnership with NYU and will expand to other Asian countries in the coming years. We hope that it will provide the same advantages to the nation's cyber security industry as CSAW does in the USA. It is being branded as NYU IITK CSAW.
Cyber Security Awareness Week (CSAW) is the largest student-run cyber security event in the USA, featuring six competitions, an industry conference, workshops and an industry fair. We are organizing the same events for India this year and on the same timeline as CSAW and with events like Capture the Flag (CTF) synchronized with CSAW in the USA.
Every year, it brings undergrad and graduate students together with academic and professional experts to discuss the tools and techniques used by attackers and defenders throughout the field, while students of every academic level (from high school to doctoral) compete in a range of challenges designed to motivate, educate and showcase industry talent. In India, we are hosting all events except High School Forensics and are expecting strong participation from undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students.
The project team includes:
- Sanjiv Khosla|Coordinator
- Nazia Irshad|Project Manager
- Stef Daley|Project Adviser
- Marguerite Dabaie|Project Adviser
- Prof Manindra Agrawal|Faculty Lead
- Prof Sandeep Shukla|Faculty Lead
- Bhanu Garg|Events Coordinator
- Adarsh Jagannatha|Technical Coordinator
- Anmol Porwal|Website
- Shikhar Mahajan|Website
- Ashwani Yadav|Marketing Coordinator
- Sanchi Anil Chaware|Content & Publicity Head
- Amanda Morante|Graphic Designer
- Swati Mittal|Graphic Designer Assistant