FIRST ROUND SUBMISSION
- In no more than 3,000 words, provide a response that addresses the prompt.
- The top five competitors from the first round will be selected as finalists. Finalists must revise and expand their proposals in greater detail, now with an 8,000-word limit. They must also produce a poster design to serve as a visual guide to their proposal.
- Note, the competition judges will not see submissions from the first round. They will see only the final submission.
- Teams are not limited in the assistance or resources they may use.
- Only two members from each team will be invited to defend their ideas at NYU in the final competition.
- All papers must be submitted in PDF format, double-spaced with 12-pt Times New Roman font and 1 inch margins.
- Only one team of four undergraduates from any given college may be allowed to compete in finals.
- The word count may exclude footnotes and endnotes.
- All poster designs must be submitted in PDF format. The CSAW staff will print the design onto a poster for presentation at the competition.